She has watched me as I tread through the muck of work, class, and no life, while slipping backwards into the land of fatties.
My weight has climbed higher than it ever has before, not by far, but definitely highest. Last spring I reached 265, but today I weighed in at 270 pounds of absolute and utter grotesque. What was I thinking? I tell you what I have been thinking... "I'll start back to the gym next week, no lie. I promise." "I won't drink Starbuck's more than once this week. I promise." "No, no, no... No, I promise, no Jamba Juice on the way home to 'cool down'." "I just washed my pants on the wrong temperature setting. They will be okay after I wear them a little while."
I have been so lost in space this year. I know I don't have much of a life at the moment, and so many friends think it's because I'm rebounding from love gone wrong, but it is mostly because I have let myself go to pot. I began this journal the first of the year in hopes that I would find the old me that I adored. I have signed on so many times and begin writing but wind up saving it to drafts. There just isn't anything in me anymore. Well, that's not true at all. The gorgeous, loveable, spiritual goddess is inside me I have just buried her in YUCK! No more...
Tomorrow marks Day #1 of the rest of my life. Tonight I am spending in reflective mode for the last few moments before I set my sights forward. Tonight I kiss the sorrows I have encountered over the last year to the wind.
Tomorrow... I begin 365 days of renewal. 365 days of hard work, digging deep, tireless focus, self loving, forward thinking, joyous unveiling. I want to find meeeeeeeee!!!!

1 comments:
Lisa~
It takes a lot for someone to face their failures and chase the demons out of our lives. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and relate more than I would like to your battle.
But I want to say, GOOD FOR YOU and YOU CAN DO IT!! You are a beautiful person, no matter what the waist band says, because beauty is truly skin deep, but I understand that feeling good on the inside correlates to how we look on the outside. Anyone who says any different has never been overweight or struggled with physical appearance.
This will be a long road ahead for you, one with many great obstacles and bumps along the way, but you are going to tackle those obstacles and win this battle. You are an amazingly strong and determined woman, who can do anything you set your mind to. We all have excuses to why we get to where we are in life, but don't dwell on the bad, look to the good and you will succeed.
I will be here for you at every step.
With all my love and support!
Andi
Post a Comment