(Dawn of a new year)This being my first post of the new year I will recap last year in as few sentences as possible. It was meant to be the powerful year of recapturing my personal power and energy as I left Dan the tail end of 2008. While the year wasn't all it was meant to be, it was a great start. I spent much of the year working hard on a project that would introduce new software to the hospital during which I spent the summer traveling between home and our home office in Franklin, Tennessee. Those trips afforded me an opportunity to drop down and see my folks this year; which was a fantastic treat. This year also presented an opportunity for me to move us (C and me) to a real home that seems to give us both a great sense of peaceful/spiritual joy. We lived in a dump (where Dan had us living) for near four years and it was so nice getting back to our own standards. I started school the start of the year and while it was tough I made it work for eight months until my workload pushed me into near collapse; I had to drop a class mid class and that messed up my financial aid. :( Now I'm trying to right the mess, but am still not in school. It still boggles my mind as to why I can't just tag it onto my tab and continue going since it is I who will eventually pay back the loan, but, evidently it doesn't work that way. ~sigh~
The year 2009 provided me an opportunity to meet a new and curious friend. She's one of those people of like heart/spirit/mind that I've always said are connected by a golden thread. I am dedicating the philosophy for this year to her because she is the one who is reteaching me that keeping things simple allows our spiritual aura and our personal chi to keep flowing in healthy fashion. The philosophy is K.I.S.S.... Keep It Simple Stupid.
So, here we are at the dawn of a brand new year, and a brand new chance to make more progress as far as getting back down to the business of spiritual free living. When I left home in 1999 I began the process of moving toward simple living. Simple living isn't just something that can be accomplished physically, but can also be achieved mentally and spiritually. I realized when we moved in November that I drifted far from my philo of keeping it simple. lol This year I am bound to clear out that which makes my life complicated materially. Mentally I am bound to need some help because of school and work responsibilities and new cost of living changes, etc. I have my challenges for this year... my spiritual freedom will be difficult to achieve with so many other obstacles (worries) blocking me at every turn. I have to relearn how to Keep Things Simple so I am able to enjoy the simple pleasures such as standing by a window and being able to see the sun rise while sipping the first cup of hot coffee.
My new friend spoke words this week that gave me tremendous pause. What if the time of life to enjoy simpleness is gone with my innocense? In so many ways hope is tied to our innocense. As I have grown older and seen the ways of the world it becomes more difficult to live simply. I am bound to find they key.

0 comments:
Post a Comment