"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that
the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
– John F. Kennedy
I had much better intentions of keeping up with writing, but it has been a crazy start to what I know will be a great new year.
I have so much to be thankful for this morning, and my heart is just overwhelmed. When 2008 ended I knew there must be better days ahead. However, and even with all the hopeful forethought, January proved to be quite the challenge. December was supposed to be the month I would secure permanent employment, but it was postponed until January. The turn of the new year I learned, from a co-worker and friend, that I had been contracted under false pretense; that my position was never a permanent position, and I should expect to have my contract to end within the month. It was only by a miracle of consequence that I received an offer of permanent placement at all. I am so thankful.
Now, I've begun researching online universities and hope to return to reach the goal of achieving my BS in HR. I realize I could make that dream come true easier if I were home with my pops, and that is still an option; for this peace of mind, I am grateful. Speaking of parents... mine are wonderful. Somehow they take care of me from over 3000 miles away as if I were right there, at home, with them. I hope I can be half as much to my babygirl as they have been for me. I am blessed to have such wonderful parents, and I'm grateful.
Earlier in the week I learned of horrible fires that swept through a territory nearby to one of my dearest, and most treasured, friends. I am not a television watcher, and have been so pre-occupied with work stresses I haven't kept up with the news. My heart sank when I read her note that her family was okay. I read her heart cry for the areas ravaged were those she called home; her solace. I thought of my own home, and how I would feel to experience the same sort of loss; my heart felt such a dreadful void. I am so incredibly thankful that she and her family are safe and (as morose as it sounds) that they have the opportunity to 'feel' their loss as it means they live.
I am grateful for the clear thought that has helped see me through escape from a relationship that was build on a foundation of everything wrong for me; even more thankful, still, to have someone who loves me enough to of stood by me (though it hurt her deeply to bear witness) and loved me unconditionally... my beautiful daughter, Courtney. I love you, dearly.
I am grateful for clear skies, and dry roadways. (This may sound overboard to most, but if you haven't lived in England or the Pacific Northwest region of the North American continent, you may not understand the depth of my gratitude. We are accustomed to grey days, and most often rainy ones, from October through March.) We have enjoyed a pretty good week, with only a dusting of snow earlier in the week. Blessed we have been. :)
Grateful, I am, for the breath I've been blessed with this morning, for I have another chance to do something meaningful with my life today.
I'm hoping that I will soon find my creative, carefree, playfulness, and contemplative philosophical spirit, and soon as I miss this part of who I am. My spirit, though damaged, is still with me; just a little bruised and in need of recharging TLC. I know I will soon emerge from this cave to which I sought the quiet time for comfort and healing, with a new lease, a whole spirit, wearing a purple iridescent lame' jumpsuit (Vivien Westwood, of course;), my goggles and scarf flying in the wind... ready to take on another of life's adventures once again.
I sit here with my arms, and heart, wide open to those whom have loved me, continue to support me, and never left my side. I love you all.
I am so inexplicably grateful.


2 comments:
Gratitude is such a magical and wonderful tool. Gratitute, gratefulness, acknowledgement, thankfulness... it is such a wonderful love enegrgy to have fill your life daily and it snowballs easily. The more you feel the better you feel and not surprisingly the more amazing opportunities come your way. I keep a Gratitude Journal which I can read and re-read which is a great way to remain surrounded with the energy whenever you just don't "feel" it!
Keep up the great writing, you're inspirational.
Oh my.......I am so chuffed that Alison has written on your blog. Alison is a dear friend of mine who is, coincidentally a deep thinker like you..... with much to share and I am so happy that she has chosen to share with you, Lisa.
I have to admit to not feeling very grateful lately. Sadness has enveloped me in a dark cloud as I experience everyone else's loss in the fires and, for some reason, has hit me harder than I expected.
As is my way, gratitude will re-enter my life shortly as I always feel it's presence though not always front seat, yes?
I have always......always been grateful for your presence. I wish we could talk more and I hope to have more free time to talk the way we used to.
I love you, Big Heart!
Post a Comment